The event is intended to cover a wide range of frontier topics in optics and photonics, including applications in other areas of physics, as well as in biological and health-care research. The main goal is to bring together international top-level scientists, early-stage researchers and students to share one week. It will be a small meeting of about 170 participants, including 19 invited speakers. The speakers will give review talks or tutorials of their main research topics. The attending participants are invited to submit their recent work in poster sessions. We will promote a friendly atmosphere of scientific discussion among participants by organizing group activities, such as joint meals, a meeting dinner, and a guided visit to some spots of interest in the village and/or the surroundings.
It is important to point out that the meeting is a Summer School rather than a conference. It is addressed mainly to graduate students (Ph.D. or M.Sc.) and postdoctoral fellows, although last-year undergraduate students with an interest in optics and photonics are also very welcome.
The following topics will be covered:
- I. Biophotonics and Microscopy
- II. Quantum Optics and Quantum Information
- III. Plasmonics
- IV. Ultracold Matter
- V. Singular optics, Structured Light and Optical Angular Momentum
- VI. Liquid Crystal Optics
- VII. Scattering and Surface Optics
- VIII. Optical Instrumentation, Design and Testing
- IX. Nonlinear Optics
- X. Multidisciplinary Applications of Optics